The Washington State Nurses Foundation (WSNF) awards scholarships annually to qualified students who meet the eligibility requirements as outlined below. The minimum amount of each scholarship is $1,000.
Application deadline and scholarship award
Materials must be postmarked by Feb. 7, 2020 and scholarship award announcements will be made by April 17, 2020.
Scholarship funds will be available after June 1, 2020 for the 2020–2021 academic year.
- Must be Washington state residents or enrolled in a nursing program located in Washington state
- GPA for pre-requisite and completed nursing courses must be at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Pre-licensure applicants (i.e. not an RN yet):
- Must be enrolled in a CCNE/CNEA/ACEN accredited program leading to an associate, baccalaureate or graduate degree in nursing
RN licensed applicants:
- Must be a member of WSNA in good standing
- Must be admitted to a CCNE/CNEA/ACEN accredited nursing program (i.e. baccalaureate or graduate program)
Recipients will be selected by the WSNF Scholarship Committee. Scholarships will be awarded based on academic performance; demonstrated leadership; advocacy; inspiration; goals; work, school, and community involvement; professional activities; and commitment to the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA). Application writing quality will be evaluated (e.g., style, APA formatting, grammar, clarity, etc.).
Download the application form and return to WSNA prior to the application deadline.
- WSNF Scholarship Application (2020-21) (pdf; 175.037 kB)